Today, let's explore the mindset of our Final Expense clients. While countless conferences and training sessions focus on fostering a successful salesperson mindset, truly comprehending our clients' mindset can unlock the doors to remarkable sales performance. As independent agents and entrepreneurs, we possess the self-starter spirit that many of our prospects lack. To excel in the Final Expense business, we must understand the unique mindset of our clients, the Professional Procrastinators, and employ effective strategies to guide them towards making crucial decisions.
The Professional Procrastinator Mindset:
- They avoid making decisions instantly, often citing the need for more information or time to think. However, the underlying reason is their discomfort with decision-making and their belief in their own immortality.
- They take pride in stalling decisions and have perfected this skill throughout their lives, from chores to job-related decisions.
- They justify their indecision by finding flaws in the salesperson's approach, such as their appearance, demeanor, or the questions they ask.
Strategies for Overcoming the Professional Procrastinator Mindset:
- Master the art of the assumptive close and establish yourself as an advisor, not a salesperson. Assume that you will close the sale and guide your clients through the process as they are accustomed to being led.
- Create an environment conducive to the sale by taking control of the situation from the moment you walk in. Turn off distractions, establish a professional atmosphere, and address any environmental issues.
- Guide your clients through the decision-making process by being a "kind bulldog" – assertive without being offensive. Establish your role as their advocate and expert, and lead them through a seamless presentation that allows them to commit to a budget and make a decision without feeling pressured.
The Key to Success: To effectively employ these strategies, you must truly believe in the value of the product you sell and the benefits it offers your clients. Maintaining high standards of integrity is crucial, as is understanding that by not closing a sale, we are doing a disservice to our clients. By learning how our clients think and guiding them towards making a decision, we can ensure that they do not leave their loved ones with the burden of their final expenses.
© Copyright Legacy Secure on MI Inc